Are you considering whether or not to create a customer support team within the company, or perhaps you’re thinking of finally outsourcing your customer support to another company? Regardless of your current situation, we’re here to present a cost comparison for both in-house and outsourced based on a Japanese outsourcing company’s data.
There are 4 reasons why outsourced customer support is better than in-house customer support. The main reason we think most companies would be interested in is the difference in cost.
1. Cheaper cost
Companies that have in-house customer support usually have to consider a lot of expenses. Some of the cost that they should consider are the labor costs, cost of recruiting people and other operational costs, including but not limited to electricity, supplies, and what have you. Meanwhile, outsourced customer support costs 70% less than the in-house cost because a company that provides customer support usually divides the amount they spend by the number of clients they have. And that is typically how they price their service.
2. No need to think about a good operational structure
Companies that outsource customer support are more aware of the processes of providing that service. Having handled customer support for many companies, the process that they use for operating have gone through many trial and errors, leaving only the most efficient and effective steps that need to be taken for responding to user inquiries. Considering the time and effort that this would take in order to perfect the process, conducting in-house customer support would be an additional cost for the company.
3. No need to worry about managing people
Aside from the cost, there is also a need to train people who would be answering the email inquiries. This task alone takes time and additional resources because you don’t want your staff to provide inaccurate answers to user inquiries. Badly trained customer support could lead to a loss of loyalty and revenue on your part.
4. Wide experience
Finally, one advantage of outsourced customer support is their wide experience with regard to handling customers’ complaints and requests because they handle clients from different industries and company sizes. Having access to this knowledge helps in solving procedural or operational issues in a more effective and efficient way.
Do you have other ideas on outsourced customer support? Share them with us in our comments below.
- What Happens When Your Game Reaches App Annie’s Top - June 21, 2013
- Is There A Link Between Customer Support For Games And Online Reputation? - May 31, 2013
- Weird Questions You’d Encounter During Game Support - May 17, 2013
- When To Expect A Lot Of Complaints From Players? (And How You Can Get More Sleep) - May 3, 2013
- To Reply Or Not To Reply: A Research About Game Dev’s Reply Habits - April 3, 2013
- E-mail Customer Support Responses: Be Casual Or Stay Formal? - March 13, 2013
- 4 Reasons Why Outsourced CS is better than In-house - January 23, 2013