Your mobile gaming support vs puppies and heartbreak
Corgi puppy vs good mobile game support
Soul-crushing, mind-numbing heartbreak vs bad mobile game support
Amp up your game’s support. It’s one of the biggest ways you’ll come in contact with your players, and can make or break a mobile game especially in an industry with stiff competition.
Here are some tips to help you get started. Here’s what to avoid to not suck at support as a game developer, and here are 20 traits successful support team members should have.
- What In-App Support Can Do For Mobile Games - October 7, 2015
- Covey’s 90-10 Principle and Outsource Support - September 11, 2015
- Video Game Support Hotseat: A-Steroids - September 1, 2015
- Game Dev Timeline: In-house to Outsourced Support for Games - August 19, 2015
- The Naked Truth About Outsource Support Teams - August 19, 2015
- A Game Dev’s Guide: Customer Support Channels in Asia - August 12, 2015
- 6 Traits That Separate Good and Bad Outsourced Support Supervisors - August 11, 2015
- If Email Support Replies Were People - August 4, 2015
- Social Media Sites Used By Top Mobile Games - July 10, 2015
- Outsource Support Teams Don’t Have To Be Black Sheep - July 10, 2015